In order to change payment method, there are two options:
- Change payment method before the End of Day,
- Change the payment method after End of the Day.
Option 1: Change payment method before the End of Day
Step 1 Finding the invoice to change the payment
- Go to "Point of Sale",
- Click on the "Spyglass" icon (top right),
- Select the Step :"Invoiced",
- Find the invoice that you wish to credit, by choosing the step "Invoiced",
- Double Click on the invoice.
Step 2 Editing the payment method
- Back to the POS with your closed invoice on the screen,
- Click on "F4",
- Click "OK" when you see the "Validation" message,
- Confirm the next messages to land on the payment window.
Step 3 Changing the payment for the invoice
- In order to delete the payment click on the red "X" sign right next to the "$" sign,
- Select the new payment method,
- Credit the invoice by clicking "F4 Invoice" or the green "$" sign to skip the reprint.
Option 2 reversing payment if your "End of Day" is done
Easy way :
- If your end of day has been already performed, you can't edit the payment,
- leave a hand written note on a reprinted invoice and your end of the day (use a highlighter to make sure your account will know)
- Reverse the invoice at the day of the wrong invoice with the same payment,
- Create a copy of the initial invoice (using the pen icon .... see FAQ) and close it a the date of the initial invoice with the same payment method,
- Close the End if the day by selecting only these 2 invoices,
- Reprint summary of payment for your accountant for the month.
NOTE: In both way, you need to keep your accountant informed !