The Price Matrix in GEM-CAR allows you to automatically generate a selling price based on the cost of your products, according to certain conditions.
- The price matrix only applies to the cost of new items (not in inventory)
- The price matrix overrides the system's default margin setting
From the main menu go to "Inventory Management > Price Matrix":
- Go to the bottom section,
- (1) Click the to add a condition,
- (2) In the left section, select an action to be done,
- (2) In the middle section, type in or pick the Category or Line code to consider,
- You cannot select a category AND a line code.
- (2) In the right section, type in the price range of the cost in the "From" and "To" fields,
- (2) Type in the Value of the selling price in "%" or "$" depending on the action you've selected.
- Click the disk to save.
Gross Margin vs Mark'up
You can see the formulas used to calculate the gross margin and the mark'up by simply leaving the mouse over the text for a moment.
Delete a condition
- Select the condition line,
- Click the to remove the line,
- Click "Yes" to confirm and delete.
From the Point of Sale, open an estimate or a work order:
- Enter a new product Code,
- Enter a Category,
- Enter a Cost and complete the line.
- Go to the bottom left section of the "Price matrix" window,
- Type in a date range in the "From" and "To" fields,
- Click the printer to display the report on screen.