Step 1: Creating Job Types and Departments
- To create various Job Type,
- Close the POS (Point of sale) window,
- In the Main Menu, click on Configuration,
- In the Configuration Sub-Menu, click Job Type Management,
- Click on the Green Add (+) icon,
- Fill a Description, Select or write in a Department name, Enter an appropriate GL account number and click Active,
- Save and repeat as needed to create other Job Types,
Step 2: Activating the Job Type Function
- Back on the Main Menu, click on Configuration,
- On the Configuration Sub-Menu, click on General Information,
- Check option # 26,
- Save and Exit.
Step 3: Assigning Jobs to specific Departments
- Now open your POS (Point of Sale) window,
- Press F1 to start a new estimate or job,
- Enter a customer and his/her car,
- Enter a job code,
- On the Job Type scroll down menu, select the Department for this particular Job and Order.
Note: You can select a different Department for each individual Job you wish to build statistics on.