- Data backup (backup and Account receivable aging before import print out)
- Data excel file
- Print out of data before
- Open file
- Visualization data validation
- Modify data entry
- Repeat steps 1-2-3 until no more anomalies
- Import data
- Check first print out data with new account receivable aging print out
- Back-up data base
- Print a check-up data > Client > Reports > Account aging > Details
The excel file must have Customer#, Customer Name, Invoice#, Date, Invoice amount, Remaining balance.
The columns name could vary. We do the link later.
1. Open the file
On the main menu, go to Customer management > Importing account receivables.
2. Visualization data validation
3. Modify the data entry
Look for the correct client number in customer management and make a look up.
Modify in Excel
Note A : make sure the invoice number in column "E" is the exact invoice number when running an accounting bridge, else data won't transfer back to the accounting bridge
NOTE B : Save the file on your desktop using a short name.... the maximum length in characters as to be less than 50 int the path name.
- Good: Desktop\AR.xls ( short path )
- Bad: C:\HP_LaserJet_CP1020_Series_Full_Solution\DotNetFX35.xls ( long path )
4. Import data
5. Check importation
Compare the total of the report in GEM-CAR and in your accounting software : they should match.
If they don't, make sure your are using the same date report.