Blocks should not be used to book job appointments with customers, but only to block a period of internal use (ex: training, holiday, vacations, etc...).
Benefits of a block :
- It's just a perfect text area to put a note. There is no link to a customer or vehicle.
- Allows you to block a period for vacation, training, private time, etc...
- Allows you to block a period for one or multiple bays/technicians (e.g.: for inventory management).
Limitations of a block :
- Does not allow booking of job appointments for customers : no estimate, no phone, no vehicle, no customer information.
- Once created, a block cannot be moved or duplicated, it has to be deleted and recreated.
Create a block
- Open the Calendar and right-click an empty time cell,
- Select "Create a block",
- Enter the block information,
- Enter a Title,
- Pick a Colour by clicking the spy glass ,
- Select a Date,
- Enter a Start time and an End time,
- To duplicate the block on all bays/doors, check the case: All doors,
- Click the disk to save the block.
Edit a block
- Open the Calendar and double-click the block to edit,
- Make your changes,
- To duplicate the block to all the bays/doors, you have to delete and re-create the block.
- Click the disk to save.
Delete a block
- Right-click the block,
- Select "Delete the block".