Step 1: Creating NSF products:
- Go to the inventory,
- Click the “+”,
- Select or create the “PART” type category 40 (if the menu offers NSF, choose it),
- Enter the code: “NSF” and the description,
- Select non taxable product,
- Select "Exclude from sales report" : it's a not a sale,
- Enter the following description: “CHEQUE WITH NON-SUFFICIENT FUNDS INVOICE REFERENCE #”,
- Press F2 or Save.
Step 2: Enter the NSF cheque
Create an estimate for the client from whom you received an NSF cheque.
- Click F1 and select the client,
- Press “+”,
- Enter as an “NSF” product and press ENTER,
- In the description, click on the right arrow,
- Enter the invoice number in reference in the description (IMPORTANT),
- Enter the price,
- Press F2 – Save,
- Press F4,
- In the cashing mode, double click on the “RECEIVABLE” mode,
- Click OK.
Note: you can also create a product for the banking fees.
ATTENTION, DO NOT GO THROUGH THE CASHING WINDOW VIA THE ACCOUNTING MENU
Entries in this module are only used to make corrections and will not be reflected in the Point of Sale.