- Quickly, press and hold the «Windows» key (with the flag symbol),
- Press the "R" key,
- And release the 2 keys.
- At the window «Run», tpye in «cmd»,
- Press the «ENTER» key on your keyboard or click «OK»,
- Type in «ipconfig»,
- Press the «ENTER» key on your keyboard ,
- Make sure to scroll up to the top,
- Look for the line «Address IPV4»,
- At the end on the right you will see your local IP address (ex: 192.168.1.136).
- The router receives the request,
- The router checks all the IP addresses connected (all the equipments connected) to find the corresponding name,
- Once the equipment is found, the router processes the request.
- Since the router already knows which equipment is assigned to this IP address so it processes the request immediately.
Example: It's easier to deliver an envelope to an address instead of delivering it to a name (since you will spend additional time to find the corresponding address of the name).
Communication by IP address
Communication by Computer name
From the Main Menu, go to [Configuration] > [User configuration],
- Go to the bottom section «Data location»,
- In the field «SQL serveur» and «GEM-CAR data», replace only the computer name (ex: JD-GEM-CAR) by its IP address (ex: 192.168.1.136),
- Click «Save»,
- Click «OK» to restart GEM-CAR with the modifications.
- Depending on the network speed you had before, you should notice a faster interaction with GEM-CAR.
- Click «Yes / Oui» to change the location of your data (the server),
- The field «Directory of SQL Server 2008 +» will be empty,
- The field «GEM-CAR data location» will keep and display the old IP address of the server,
Correct the informations this way:
- In the field «Directory of SQL Server 2008 +», type in the new correct IP address, often followed by "\SQLEXPRESS" (ex: «192.168.1.135\SQLEXPRESS»),
- In the field «GEM-CAR data location», replace the old IP address with the new one (ex: \\192.168.1.135\GEM-CAR),
- Click the green check mark to confirm the changes,
- If the informations are valid, GEM-CAR should start again!