- To activate the memo memo, check the "Display memo panel" box.
- To deactivate the memo panel, uncheck the "Display memo panel" box.
When a memo is associated with a vehicle, the label of the “Brand” field turns red in the POS.
- Via the “Point of Sale”, go to the vehicle file.
- Click on the “Internal Information” tab.
- Enter a note:
- E.g.: How do you turn off the indicator light after an oil change.
- Save and Exit.
- Click on the red zone in the “Brand” field to display the note (and modify it).
- Click on the “Brand” field once again to close the note and automatically save the changes.
The most simple method that does not skew the result of your profit margin consists of:
- Make an invoice at $0 for your client.
- Make a second receivable invoice for your supplier.
Make the following invoice at $0:
JR Replace alternator – 1 hour, with a cost price of $70/hr.
JR Replace alternator guarantee – 1 hour, with a cost price of $70/hr.
AL Alternator with a quantity of 1, cost price of $70 and sales price of $155.
AL Alternator guarantee with a quantity of -1, cost price of $70 and sales price of $155.
JR Replace alternator – 1 hour, with a sales price of $70/hr (depending on whether the supplier pays your labour).
AL Alternator with a quantity of 1, cost price of $70 and sales price of $70.
If you put a cost price of $70 and a sales price of $0 to make a guarantee invoice, you will considerably lower your average.
The fastest way to add inventory in GEM-CAR is to use the purchasing module via the POS.
-In the POS, create an estimate with your shop as the client.
-Use the estimate number as the purchase order number.
-Follow the procedure: How to receive a delivery through the POS see FAQ
The purchasing module with purchase order and delivery receipt was developed for shops that receive large quantities of inventory (price and quantity may vary) and their receipt and invoice entry are not done by the same person.
- In the POS, choose an estimate.
- Click on the “TOTAL” field (bottom right of the window).
- In the window, adjust the margins.
- Click on the green bracket and then the door icon to apply the changes and exit.
- The changes will then be reflected in the POS.
Note that by modifying the margin on labor, you will be making changes to the billing time and not to the hourly rate.