For the ''Point of Sale'' window:
- Go to "Point of sale",
- Click on the spyglass right next to "Customer".
For the ''Customer Management'' window:
- Choose a customer,
- Go to "Customer Management",
- Click on ''Customer management''.
- Select the customer,
- Activate the option "Customer with A/R account:",
- In the POS, enter the customer’s number like you would for a new order,
- You can also click on the Customer Search Icon without any customer's number.
- Click on the Accounting tab,
- Enter the desired credit limit,
- Click Save and Exit
- On the POS window, press F1 or click on “New Order”,
- Enter the customer’s name or number,
- Note: the word customer will be highlighted in red to indicate there is a unpaid balance,
- Press F5 or click the add “+” icon, enter “AR” and press enter,
- A window will appear with a list of all current and outstanding invoices,
- Select all the invoices that apply for the payment you are receiving,
- On the bottom left side you may add a rebate or a discount as well as change the amount being received,
- Click on” Accept”,
- If a Reminder window appears, simply click “No”,
- Proceed with recording the payment as you would normally, except this time the receivables option will not be available,
- Click on the Printer button to register the payment and print a receipt.
NOTE: An invoice number will be automatically generated in order to record and print the receipt but will in no way affect your proper sales statistics.
- From the POS window, open a new order with that customer
- Enter the item or job you want to credit and in the quantity field, enter -1 (minus 1) and press enter.
- Click on F4 – Invoice and enter the method of refund or credit