To export a report to another format:
- Preview a report on screen.
- Click on the small envelope icon in the top left corner.
- Select the format to export.
- Click on the “OK” button.
Barcode printer configuration
- Install your label printer’s drivers.
- E.g.: DYMO 450 TURBO (70 labels/minute)
- Go to the “Configuration” / “Local Configuration” menu.
- Select the option “Box labels”.
- In the printer’s scroll-down menu, choose: DYMO LABELWRITER 450,
- Save with the diskette icon at the bottom right (not the one in the grid).
How to print the item’s barcode label
- Go to the item (inventory) list window.
- Right click on the barcode label icon (located at the bottom of the window).
- Specify the number of labels and your label will print out.
What information is included on the label?
- Product code.
- Price (it is the law to include this on the label).
- Your logo.
What label format should be used?
- The printer must have 1.25” x 3.5” label rolls
- The 3.5” is essential.
- The 1.25” to 1.5” can vary in width.
- You can use the vehicle’s serial number as the product code and print out a label with the serial number in barcode format to replace a damaged or hard-to-read VIN label.
- If you do not want to use a special printer, you can print your labels using AVERY paper. see FAQ
- How to find a barcode reader that is compatible with GEM-CAR. see FAQ
A - Transferring or importing customers from Simply Accounting :
- Open your Simply Accounting program
- From the top menu bar, select Reports
- From the Reports scroll down menu, select Lists
- From the Lists options, select Customers
- From the Customer List Options window, select “ALL” and click OK,
- In the File menu, select Export,
- In the Import Selection window, select the file to export.
IMPORTANT; Make sure in the Type field, that you have selected a .csv file extention,
Export the file to your Desktop,
- From your desktop, open the .csv file,
- Remove the first lines (rows) and make sure the first row are only column headers,
- Rename the headers properly (Ex: one column for each of the following; Customer number, customer name, address, city, Province/State, Zip/Postal code, telephone, car make, model, year, VIN, mileage, etc.)
- Save the file as an Excel format and follow the following (81b) steps.
B - Import or transfer customers from an Excel file :
- Prepare your Excel file with all the information columns you want/have to import (Ex: one column for each of the following; Customer number, customer name, address, city, Province/State, Zip/Postal code, telephone, car make, model, year, VIN, mileage, etc.),
- IMPORTANT; a customer number column is mandatory. If you do not have one, use the 7 digits of his/her phone number, but without a dash or area code. (Ex 6753456, not 675-3456),
- Once your Excel file is complete, Save and close it. (You will not be able to import the information if your Excel file is open.)
- Go to "Customer Management" / "Customer importation"
- From the Customers sub-menu, click on Import clients
- Click on the spy glass bellow the field "Excel file"
- Find your file and double click on it
- From the scroll down menu, select the proper spreadsheet,
- Check the Box next to The first line is a header,
- Match each Excel Column on the right to the appropriate GEM-CAR column on the left,
- When complete, click on the large green arrow button to begin the transfer,
- Exit when done.
- Go to "Inventory Management" / "Physical inventory entry"
- From the Inventory Sub-Menu, click on Physical Inventory Entry,
- In the Physical Inventory Entry window, enter the date of the inventory count,
- Select the inventory location
- Note that the inventory will only be updated for items that are in that location only
- Select an item and the details will appear at the bottom of the window,
- Enter the Section (optional), it can be a specific area in that location, such as R1-S10 (Row 1, Shelf 10),
- Enter the physical quantity,
- Enter the initials or name of person that counted the inventory,
- Repeat the last four steps for all other items,
- Click SAVE and EXIT, or change location to update other inventory locations and repeat the aforementioned steps.
- You can change the step status from reserved to estimate
- You can cancel or delete the item or the estimate
- You can make a new invoice with the same item but using negative qty