- When the customer's name and information are entered, click on the dollar icon (Account). This will redirect you to the following menu:
- Then, enter the amount you want in the '' To Pay '' section.
- The same amount will be entered automatically in the section "Deposit amount".
- Finally, click on accept to save the information.
From the POS (Point of Sale) window, open an order ready for payment (example: $72.52),
- Click on Invoice or press F4,
- In the CASH amount entry field, enter the amount given by the customer (example: $100),
- Click the CASH tab ONCE and the amount owned will be displayed on the bottom right field (example $27.48)
- Once the change has been submitted, click on the CASH tab TWICE to confirm full payment,
- Click the Print icon to register and print the payment receipt.
Hint: To save paper, if your customer does not need or require a receipt, you can also click on the Green dollars sign icon (Invoice without printing)!
Step 1: When a fleet owned vehicle arrives, you complete the estimate, work order and invoicing as you normally do.
- However, before invoicing, click on Shipping Slip (bottom center) which will print an invoice but without any prices or amounts,
- Have the customer’s employee sign the Shipping Slip when he picks up the vehicle as proof that he/she has picked up the vehicle,
- Click on invoice and enter the amount in Account Receivable,
- Then click on the $ icon (Invoice without printing),
- If for any reason you need to print the invoice, you can always go back and print the invoice and attach a copy of the signed Shipping Slip and submit to your customer.
- Print and send the monthly statements to your customers with or without a copy of the signed shipping slip.
Due to laws concerning Point of Sale software programs, once an estimate has been converted to an invoice, no changes or additions can be made. For this reason we do not recommend that invoices be printed ahead of time. You can however, consider printing 2 copies of the final estimates instead. This way you can still make changes or additions should the need arise.
If you still want to pre-print invoices, here are the steps to follow;
- Make all the final changes and additions to the estimate,
- Click on the Customer search icon (between the customer’s number and name),
- In the customer file, add a check in the box next to Customer with AR account,
- Click Save and Exit,
- Now, back on the estimate, click on Invoice,
- In the Payment Method window, double click on Account Receivable,
- Select 2 copies,
- Click on Print.
If the customer arrives and pays sometime during the same day, (prior to an End of Day operation)
- Click on the Order No search icon (top right hand side in the Point of Sale window),
- Click on the pull down menu and select Invoicing,
- Double click on the appropriate invoice,
- GEM-CAR will prompt a few warnings. Click on the appropriate answers to continue,
- Using the icon with the dollar sign and an X, cancel the payments for this invoice,
- Double click on the correct payment method and click on the Invoice without printing icon or the Print icon to record the transaction.
If the customer returns to pay after you’ve done an End of Day operation;
- Open a new order with the customer’s phone number,
- In the product entry field, enter AR (account receivable) and press enter,
- A list of receivables will appear,
- Select the one or ones he wishes to pay,
- Click Accept,
- Click on invoice,
- Double click on the payment method,
- Click either the Invoice without printing icon or the Print icon.