Inventory item reservation
In this how-to, you will find the information on how to make reservations for inventory items such as parts, materials and tires. The most convenient way to make reservations is to create a reservation step and make it available for transfer in the Point of sale. To do so, follow the steps in the subsections below.
Reserve inventory items
Follow the steps below to make reservations for inventory items.
- Create a Reserved work step in the Document progression management window selecting the Reserve Parts option.
- Configure the progression for the new Reservation step in the Progression of work steps window.
- In the Point of sale create or retrieve an estimate.
- Transfer the estimate to the Reserved work step.
Cancel inventory item reservations
You can use the three (3) methods below to cancel inventory item reservations.
- In the Point of sale, reverse back the step to the Estimate step.
- Delete the item on the estimate.
- Create a new estimate with the same item but a negative quantity.