In this how-to, you will find the information about the walk-in customer feature. Some customers might not always require to have a profile in GEM-CAR. Consequently, the walk-in customer should be used for sales for punctual visits. Follow the instructions detailed in the next subsections to configure and use the walk-in customer feature in the Point of sale.
Configuration of the walk-in customer
Follow the steps below to configure the walk-in customer.
- Add a new customer profile in the Customer management window entering -1 in the Cust. No. field and WALK-IN in the Name field.
- Disable the customer’s vehicle in the Customer management window under the Vehicle maintenance tab.
- Configure the walk-in customer in General-information configuration window under the General-information tab.
Use the walk-in customer feature in the Point of sale
Follow the steps below to use the walk-in customer feature in the Point of sale.
- Start creating an estimate.
- When entering the customer number in the Client field, enter -1 and hit tab.
- Overwrite the customer name.
- Continue creating the estimate normally.