In this user manual, you will find the information on how to add, edit, delete and configure appointments in the Calendar as well as other appointment-related features.
Refresh the Calendar
To avoid concurrency conflicts, select Refresh button before adding, modifying or deleting appointments in the Calendar.
Add appointments to the Calendar
Add appointments from work orders and jobs
After having imported work orders and jobs from GEM-CAR 14, you can schedule appointments for them on the Calendar. To do so, select the Unplanned button to open the Work orders and Jobs boxes and drag and drop them on the Calendar.
Work orders can be associated with multiple jobs. To schedule appointments for all jobs associated with a work order one after the other in a block, drag and drop the work order on the Calendar. Otherwise, if you prefer to schedule jobs individually, drag and drop them separately on the Calendar.
Add appointments from the Calendar
To add an appointment to the Calendar, use one of the following methods.
- Highlight a group of available time slots, right-click it and select New appointment. You will be redirected to the Appointment window.
- Double-click on an available time slot. You will be redirected to the Appointment window.
- Highlight a group of available time slots and start typing a name for the appointment.
Pro tip: Assign multiple technicians to an appointment
If a view displays different columns for technicians, highlight time slots overlapping multiple technician columns when creating a new appointment.
Pro tip: Copy appointments
Select and hold the Ctrl key and drag and drop an appointment on the Calendar to create a duplicate. If a work order is associated with the original appointment, it will also be associated with the duplicate.
Edit appointments in the Calendar
Change the name of appointments
- To change the name of an appointment, select an appointment badge, select the F2 key, and start typing.
Change the duration of appointments
- To change the duration of an appointment, drag and drop the top or bottom extremity of its badge on the Calendar.
Change the date and time of appointments
- To change the date and time of an appointment, drag and drop its badge to another time slot on the Calendar.
Change the resources assigned to appointments
- If the Calendar displays a view with ressource columns, to change the resources assigned to an appointment, drag and drop its badge in another resource column.
Edit appointment advanced options
To edit advanced options, see Appointment window
To delete an appointment from the Calendar, follow one of the methods below.
- Select an appointment badge and select the Delete key.
- Select the X on the top right corner of an appointment badge.
- Right-click an appointment badge and select Delete.