Schedule settings: General
To configure the information concerning your organization, the Calendar layout, notifications, and automations, from the GEM-CAR 2021 Main menu, go to Schedule > Settings and select General.
Under Organization, follow the guidelines below to configure the information about your company.
- Number: This field is not editable and contains your organization number that has been configured in the GEM-CAR parameters.
- Name: Enter your organization's name. Being public, GEM-CAR will use it to provide your contact information in SMSes, emails, ebookings, etc.
- Phone number: Enter your organization's phone number. Being public, GEM-CAR will use it to provide your contact information in SMSes, emails, ebookings, etc.
- From e-mail: Enter your organization's email address. Being public, GEM-CAR will use it to provide your contact information in SMSes, emails, ebookings, etc. You will also receive customers' responses to this emails address.
- Default language: Select the language used by your organization. When GEM-CAR features don't depend on the customers' language, this default language will be used.
Under Calendar, follow the guidelines below to configure the Calendar layout.
- Start time: Select the time at which the Calendar grid starts.
- End time: Select the time at which the Calendar grid ends.
- Minimum interval (minutes): Enter the minimum time interval in minutes for time slots in the Calendar. For example, if the value is 15, the minimum duration of an appointment corresponds to one time slot of 15 minutes. Depending on your needs, we recommend setting this value to 15, 30 or 60.
- Date group first: For calendar views, turn on this toggle to group the resource columns by dates. The dates will then show on top of the groups. Otherwise, turn it off if you don't want to group the resources and to show dates on top of each resource column.
- Visible unassigned resources: For calendar views, turn on this toggle to add a column for appointments that are not associated with resources.
Under Automatic notifications, follow the guidelines below to configure how customers are automatically notified when you do certain actions in GEM-CAR.
Reminder delay and SMS reply
- Reminder delay (hours): Enter the number of hours before GEM-CAR send automatic appointment reminders.
- SMS reply phone number: Enter the phone number to which you want to receive SMS replies. Replying using this same phone number will provide it to customers. Therefore, don't use your personal phone number if you want to keep it private. Use the GEM-CAR built-in SMS feature to reply to messages instead.
- SMS reply email: Enter the email address to which you want to receive SMS replies. Do not reply using this email address because customers won't receive the responses. Use the GEM-CAR built-in SMS feature to reply to messages instead.
Configure automatic notifications
You will find below the list of events for which you can configure and send automatic notifications and when they are sent. To enable automatic notifications for these events, turn their respective SMS and Email toggles on.
- Confirmations: These automatic notifications are sent when you create appointments in the Calendar.
- Reminders: These automatic notifications are sent a few hours or days before the appointment according to the value in the Reminder delay (hours) field.
- Jobs done: These automatic notifications are sent when you right-click appointments in the Calendar and select Job done in the contextual menu.
- Work orders completed: These automatic notifications are sent when you right-click appointments in the Calendar and select Work order completed in the contextual menu. They can also be automatically sent when you set all jobs to the Job done status because it automatically sets all work orders to the Work order completed status.
You can't send automatic notification by SMS and by email simultaneously for the same event. If both toggles are turned on for an event, GEM-CAR will either send the automatic notifications by SMS or by email following the configured customers' preference. Otherwise, to disable automatic notifications for an event, turn both toggles off.
Under Appointments you can configure which appointment status icons are visible on appointment badges.
To show or hide status icons, turn on or off the toggles below.
- Visible confirmation icon
- Visible customer has arrived icon
- Visible job on hold icon
- Visible job started icon
- Visible job done icon
- Visible work order completed icon
Under Automations, you can configure automatic actions. To do so, for each of the events below, select a category or a time marker.
- Customer has arrived
- Job on hold
- Job started
- Job done
- Work order completed
You can associate a category and a time marker to an event simultaneously.