From the Account statements window, you can manage the account statements saved in GEM-CAR to visualize, print or sent them by e-mail to customers. You will find explanations on how to do these tasks and on the available sorting options to do them selectively below.
Access the Account statements window
Follow the steps below to access the Account statements window.
- In the GEM-CAR main menu, go to Customer management > Reports.
- From the Reports window, select Account statements on the Available reports list.
- Click on the print button.
Default Type to use
When you open the Account statements window, you will see three configuration types in the Configured type column. These are default values that can be configured on a client by client basis. You can change them by following the steps below.
- Click on the drop-down menu of a client in the Configured type column.
- Choose a default type.
- Hit Enter.
The three by-default configuration types indicate your preferred way for GEM-CAR to deal with clients when you click on the print button. The three ways are the following:
- if Printer is selected, the account statements will be printed;
- if E-mail is selected, the account statements will be sent by e-mail; and
- if Not configured is selected, no preference will be applied.
Sending type section
GEM-CAR can sort clients using the default values in the Configured type column for each client and the options in the Sending type section. You will find below a description of each sending type and the effect they have on the sorting.
When All is selected, GEM-CAR respects the default sending types of the Configured type column. Thus, if Printer is the default value in the Configured type column, it will print the account statement and, if E-mail is the default value, it will send it by e-mail. For the Not configured value, if an e-mail address is configured in the client's profile, GEM-CAR will send the account statement by e-mail and, if it is not the case, it will print it.
When Printer is selected, GEM-CAR will show onscreen all customers for which the default sending type is Printer and all the customers for which there is no e-mail address in their profile.
When E-mail is selected, GEM-CAR will show onscreen all customers for which the default sending type is E-mail and all the customers for which there is an e-mail address in their profile.
When the Force to screen box is checked, GEM-CAR will show all the clients onscreen, whatever the default sending type is and force them to show onscreen. You will see Display for all of the customers in the Type to use column. You may then choose to print them or not after clicking on the printer button.
Add a message on account statements
You can add a message on the account statements. To do so, follow the steps below.
- From the Account statements window, check the boxes corresponding to clients for which you want to add the message.
- Click on the Account statement message maintenance button.
- In the Message window, enter the message within the allowed space.
- Click on the diskette button to save the message.
Send by e-mail or print the account statements
To send by e-mail or print account statements, follow the steps below.
- From the Account statements window, check the boxes corresponding to clients for which you want to print or send by e-mail the account statements.
- Enter a date in the Date Section.
- Sort clients using the information detailed in the previous sections.
- Click on the Refresh button.
- Print or send by e-mail the account statements by clicking on the print button.
- Once the e-mail sending and printing is done, a report indicating the status of standing and printing will show onscreen. You can print this report by clicking on the print button on the top left corner.
Make sure to verify the limitations of your e-mail provider to avoid mass e-mail sending being blocked and that customers do not receive your e-mails.