Job type management
In the Job type management window, you can add, edit or delete job types. To open this window, in the GEM-CAR 14 main menu, go to Inventory management > Job type management.
Add job types
To add job types, select the + button, configure the options, and select the Diskette to save.
Edit job types
To edit job types, select them on the list, configure the options, and select the Diskette to save.
Delete job types
To delete job types, select them on the list, select the – button, and select the Diskette to save.
Job type options
Follow the guidelines below to configure job types.
- Job type: Enter the name of the job type in this field and go to the magnifying glass button to select a ledger.
- Department: Select the department you want to associate with the job type.
- Modify the GL code: By default, when you select a ledger, GEM-CAR 14 shortens it to its first three digits. This three-digit number shows on reports. Select Modify the GL code gives you more options. You can then change the number of digits for the GL code, chose to use the first or last digits of the ledger number or change the value of the code.
- Active: Select or deselect this option to enable or disable the job type.
- Default job type: Select this option if you want this job type to be the by-default one. This option can apply to only one job type.
Associate job types with jobs in the inventory
To associate job types with jobs, see Inventory management: Link jobs with job types.