You can download and install GEM-CAR Installer by following the steps detailed below.
- Go to the GEM-CAR Installer download website.
- Click on the Get the app button.
- Your browser will ask you if you want to open the App installer. Click on Open App Installer.
- A new windows will appear. Click on the Install button. GEM-CAR Installer will install and open when the installation is completed.
Failed installation due to app sideloading
Some versions of Windows have app sideloading disabled by default. Therefore, you may get a message notifying you that the application cannot be installed because it is not from the Microsoft. Fortunately, you can activate app sideloading in Windows settings.
Windows Server 2019
Windows Server 2019 has app sideloading disabled by default. Fortunately, you can activate app sideloading in Windows settings. Furthermore, because of some limitations of Windows Server 2019, it is not possible to use the download website. Instead, the following steps must be followed.
- Open the Windows PowerShell.
Copy and paste the following command to install the GEM-CAR Installer:
Add-AppxPackage -Appinstaller https://gemcar.blob.core.windows.net/installer/V2V.GemCar.Installer.Client.Desktop.Setup.appinstaller"