A - Transferring or importing customers from Simply Accounting :
- Open your Simply Accounting program
- From the top menu bar, select Reports
- From the Reports scroll down menu, select Lists
- From the Lists options, select Customers
- From the Customer List Options window, select “ALL” and click OK,
- In the File menu, select Export,
- In the Import Selection window, select the file to export.
IMPORTANT; Make sure in the Type field, that you have selected a .csv file extention,
Export the file to your Desktop,
- From your desktop, open the .csv file,
- Remove the first lines (rows) and make sure the first row are only column headers,
- Rename the headers properly (Ex: one column for each of the following; Customer number, customer name, address, city, Province/State, Zip/Postal code, telephone, car make, model, year, VIN, mileage, etc.)
- Save the file as an Excel format and follow the following (81b) steps.
B - Import or transfer customers from an Excel file :
- Prepare your Excel file with all the information columns you want/have to import (Ex: one column for each of the following; Customer number, customer name, address, city, Province/State, Zip/Postal code, telephone, car make, model, year, VIN, mileage, etc.),
- IMPORTANT; a customer number column is mandatory. If you do not have one, use the 7 digits of his/her phone number, but without a dash or area code. (Ex 6753456, not 675-3456),
- Once your Excel file is complete, Save and close it. (You will not be able to import the information if your Excel file is open.)
- Go to "Customer Management" / "Customer importation"
- From the Customers sub-menu, click on Import clients
- Click on the spy glass bellow the field "Excel file"
- Find your file and double click on it
- From the scroll down menu, select the proper spreadsheet,
- Check the Box next to The first line is a header,
- Match each Excel Column on the right to the appropriate GEM-CAR column on the left,
- When complete, click on the large green arrow button to begin the transfer,
- Exit when done.