If your general ledger GL aren't set use this procedure...else use the distribution report
From the Point of Sales window, make sure you’ve executed the last End of Day procedure for that month and follow these quick and easy steps;
- Close the Point of Sales window,
- From the Main Menu, Click in Reports,
- On the Reports Menu, select Revenue and Receipts Summary Report,
- Enter the dates: From: DD/MM/YYYY To :DD/MM/YYYY,
- Check the Revenue field and click Print,
- Check the Payments received field and Print,
- With both reports on hand, enter the transactions into your accounting software as per the following example;
|Payments received|| DEBIT ||CREDIT |
|Specific Duties (new tires)||x|
|Sale tax 1 collected||x|
|Sale tax 2 collected|
- Source of error : ex. if you post an invoice in wrong month ( ex Nov 30th vs Dec 1 first), the report won’t match the reality.
- Solution : close the invoice in receivable from the last month (ex nov 30th) and cash it on the day of the deposit (ex Dec 1th).