Option A1: Automatic message when opening GEM-CAR
- When GEM-CAR is first opened, a series of message windows will appear,
- When the message indicating that the fiscal periods need to be entered, simply click OK,
- You will automatically be presented with the Maintenance of Fiscal Periods window.
Go to Step B
Option A2: Manual Input
- Go to the Main Menu window and click on Configuration. In the Configuration menu, click on Maintenance of Fiscal Periods tab.
Step B : Following steps A1 or A2
- The Maintenance of Fiscal Periods window will appear on the screen. Click the Add «+» button and enter 01 in the Period field.
- Click the Enter key on your keyboard,
- In the Start Date field, enter day one of the first fiscal month (example Feb 1 is your fiscal year start),
- Click the enter key. The End date should appear automatically,
- Click the Save icon and your 12 fiscal months will reset properly,
- Confirm these are correct and, if so, click Exit.
- Still from the Configuration menu, click on the Change Fiscal Period tab
- Click the appropriate period to move the DOT onto the correct current fiscal month. Example; Period 2, 01/02/2009 to 28/02/2009,
- Click the Save icon and Exit.