Step 1: Create a PARTS ON HOLD / RESERVED order status (which may already exist).
- Exit the Point of Sale window,
- In the Point of Sale window, select Management of Work Process Steps,
- Click on the "+" icon,
- Enter a step number and short description such as “Parts on hold”,
- Click the Save icon (blue diskette) and Exit.
For all new work progress steps or if your newly created step does not appear on the Point of Sale window, follow these step;
- Close the Point of Sale window,
- Click on Progression of work process steps,
- From the list available on the left field, click on the first step, normally Estimates,
- From the middle field (Available Steps) click on Parts on hold,
- Now click on the Add icon. (arrowheads facing to the right),
- And Exit.
- Create an estimate as you would normally do,
- When ready, go to the bottom right and click on the list roll down icon under the Transfer to next step icon.
- From the roll down menu, select Parts on hold,
- Now click on the Transfer to next step icon.
Note: to view and access estimates in this new step;
- You must click on the Order search icon (top right hand side)
- Scroll down the Step pull down menu and click on Parts on hold
- From the list of estimates, double click on the estimate you need.
Option 1: Transfer to next step "Reserved"
- In POS select Management of Work Process Steps
- Go to the "Transfer to next step." field and choose "Reserved"
- Click on "Transfer to next step."
- When you see the warning message click yes
- Click on the spy glass next to "Order No:"
- Choose step 3 - "Reserved-Deposit"
- You will see the estimated that you have just reserved
Option 2: Create a deposit
- Create an estimate
- Add your products / jobs
- When you are done type the code "d"
- Enter the deposited amount
- Click on the green "Clock" icon
- As soon as the deposit is entered, the estimate will be automatically transfered to the step "Reserved-Deposit"