The "WALK-IN CUSTOMER" is a dynamic customer used to bill a counter customer with his name on the invoice, without keeping his infos in your database.
To setup the walk-in customer follow these steps:
- From the main menu, go to "CONFIGURATION > GENERAL INFORMATION",
- Go to the second tab called "General information",
- Go to section "Customers",
- Type in the Walk-in customer code (default: -1),
- Type in the Walk-in customer name, (default: WALK-IN CUSTOMER)
- Click the disk to save.
To use the walk-in customer, follow these steps :
- Open the Point of Sale to create the invoice for your counter customer,
- Type in the walk-in customer code (ex: -1),
- Click the walk-in customer name and change it to your actual counter customer (ex: JOHN SMITH)
- Complete the sale and close the invoice!
Option added to version 9.2
No modification will be allowed to the walk-in customer file though the customers maintenance window.
Here is one of the reasons:
- Some GEM-CAR users would often forget and use the walk-in customer as a regular customer, with name, address, vehicles, etc... and would expect GEM-CAR to include it in the different reports.