To activate or renew the license file, copy the "Gem.Car" file to the "01" folder of the "vdata" folder (ex: C:\vdata\01 or C:\GEM-CAR\vdata\01).
How to verify the right folder of the license
- Open GEM-CAR,
- Go to Configuration > User configuration,
- In the field called "GEM-CAR data", you will find the path to the folder containing the "vdata" (ex: "c:" - Then you know you have to place the licence in the folder: c:\vdata\01)
What is the license file?
It's a generated file specific to each GEM-CAR customer, based on their GEM-CAR package and contract duration.
- The number of stations/users allowed to use GEM-CAR at the same time,
- The expiration date of usage based on your contract,
- The access to differents modules (ex: Accounting Bridge, GEM-COM, GEM-GLASS, GEM-CALENDAR, etc....)