In the punch clock, when the Technician hit standby, the time keeps running even though the color changed to red..
Fact about the punch clock:GEM-CAR was the first SMS to introduce the principle to punch “In” o a job to automatically stop the job before. No more “Time ticket” with a start and a stop with lost time in between job.
Procedure to put a job on “Standby”
- Click on the button standby: it will change the color only,
- Add a memo in the “Internal note” to explain why it’s on standby,
- To stop that job, the technician has to punch in on a new one by clicking on,
- an internal job, if the shop is empty, How to add an Internal Job: FAQ …
- a new Job.
If the technician selects “Stop”, it stops the clock?, after asking if the job is done. When they will punch on a new job the gap will not be added to the paid time.
- Clicking on “STOP” = Stop being paid.
- Employees should only used it at lunch and at night.