Step 1: Create a Deposit category
- Go to "Inventory management" / "Product/job code management",
- Click on spy glass next to the "Category" field,
- Click on the + (Add),
- Choose a category number *,
- In the Description field enter Order Deposits,
- Click Save.
* The category must be set with GL by default set to a liability.
Step 2: Creating a "Deposit" product code
- Back in the Inventory window click+(add),
- In the Category number field enter 005,
- In the Inventory No field, enter "D",
- In the Description field enter "DEPOSIT",
- Click Save and Exit.
Step 3: Register "Deposit" on the customer’s order
- Back on the Point of Sales, open the customer’s order,
- Click the +(add) icon or F5,
- Enter the product code that you have created "D",
- Enter the the amount of the deposit and click on the green arrow,
- An invoice with the receipt with the "Deposit" will be created.
- The "Deposit" product was also created in the quote and transfer to the "Reserved STEP".
PS: in your balance sheet under liability, you will see all the deposit value. When the customers return to close is bill, the liability GL code will be reduced.
Step 4: Finding the estimate for deposit
- From the POS, using the quote Spyglass,
- Select the step "Reservation",
- Double click in the quote.