In order to manage cashing NSF (non-sufficient funds) check, follow these steps:
Step 1: Creating NSF products:
- Go to the inventory,
- Click the “+”,
- Select or create the “PART” type category 40 (if the menu offers NSF, choose it),
- Enter the code: “NSF” and the description,
- Select non taxable product,
- Select "Exclude from sales report" : it's a not a sale,
- Enter the following description: “CHECK WITH NON-SUFFICIENT FUNDS INVOICE REFERENCE #”,
- Press F2 or Save.
Step 2: Enter the NSF check
Create an estimate for the client from whom you received an "NSF" check.
- Click "F1" and select the client,
- Press “+”,
- Enter as an “NSF” product and press "ENTER",
- In the description, click on the right arrow,
- Enter the invoice number in reference in the description (IMPORTANT),
- Enter the price,
- Press "F2" – Save,
- Press "F4",
- In the cashing mode, double click on the “RECEIVABLE” mode,
- Click "OK".
Note: you can also create a product for the banking fees.
ATTENTION, DO NOT GO THROUGH THE CASHING WINDOW VIA THE ACCOUNTING MENU
Entries in this module are only used to make corrections and will not be reflected in the Point of Sale.