Barcode printer configuration
- Install your label printer’s drivers.
- E.g.: DYMO 450 TURBO (70 labels/minute)
- Go to the “Configuration” / “Local Configuration” menu.
- Select the option “Box labels”.
- In the printer’s scroll-down menu, choose: DYMO LABELWRITER 450,
- Save with the diskette icon at the bottom right (not the one in the grid).
How to print the item’s barcode label
- Go to the item (inventory) list window.
- Right click on the barcode label icon (located at the bottom of the window).
- Specify the number of labels and your label will print out.
What information is included on the label?
- Product code.
- Price (it is the law to include this on the label).
- Your logo.
What label format should be used?
- The printer must have 1.25” x 3.5” label rolls
- The 3.5” is essential.
- The 1.25” to 1.5” can vary in width.
- You can use the vehicle’s serial number as the product code and print out a label with the serial number in barcode format to replace a damaged or hard-to-read VIN label.
- If you do not want to use a special printer, you can print your labels using AVERY paper. see FAQ
- How to find a barcode reader that is compatible with GEM-CAR. see FAQ